VP of Mass Market Events
Organization: The National Multiple Sclerosis Society, NYC/Southern NY Chapter
Date Submitted: 4/11/2012
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is the oldest and largest nonprofit MS organization in the U.S. With offices and staff in all 50 states, the Society supports more MS research than any other organization in the world. The Society offers you the chance to achieve your professional goals at the same time you are making a major difference in the lives of people with MS. MS Stops people from moving. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society exists to make sure it doesn't. Through our 50 state network of chapters we help each person address the challenges of living with MS. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society founded in 1946, funds more MS research, provides more services to people with MS, offers more professional education and furthers more advocacy efforts than any other MS organization in the world. The Society is dedicated to achieving a world free of MS. We are people who want to do something about MS now.
VP of Mass Market Events Responsibilities:
• Manage Mass Market Events department activities including but not limited to producing five fundraising campaigns (Bike MS, Walk MS, Race to Stop MS, Climb to the Top, and Do It Yourself) 18,000 participants, 100,000 donors and $7 million in annual revenue.
• Steward relationships with current and potential key stakeholders for organization.
• Ensure that all fundraising events and initiatives are in alignment with the organizations strategic objectives.
• Identify new revenue opportunities. Goal Setting and Budget Management • Manage revenue and expenses of department. Responsibilities include but are not limited to reaching revenue goals (approximately 60% of total chapter revenue) and managing $1.5 million in annual expenses.
• Manage 2 Director level staff and one administrative staff member.
• Oversee department of 8 staff. Senior Leadership
• Represent department at senior staff meetings and all chapter activities that require senior leadership. This includes but not limited to board meetings, fundraising events, regional meetings and committees, strategic planning and representing Society at external events.
• Minimum of 10 years management experience including the ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance of senior fundraisers.
• Experience in financial and administrative operations for multi-million dollar revenue and expense budgets.
• Extensive knowledge in non-profit fundraising, preferably in a national organization with local chapter affiliates.
• Superior relationship building skills and ability to work directly with senior management, high wealth donors and corporate executives.
• Knowledge of current trends in charitable giving, particularly in peer to peer fundraising.
• Ability to negotiate and build consensus. Create and monitor development systems as well as analyze data and create reports to communicate trends and performance.
• Excellent verbal communication skills with impeccable writing skills to work effectively in a dynamic organizational environment.
• Strong diplomatic skills and high comfort level needed to work effectively with the President, Chairman and board to bring the organization to its next level of fundraising excellence.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft OfficeClick here to apply for this position or to see other employment opportunities with the National MS Society