Manager of National Event & Brand Campaigns (Walk For Wishes)
Organization: Make-A-Wish America
Date Submitted: 7/23/2013
Make-A-Wish® America seeks a Manager of National Events & Brand Campaigns to advance the organization’s priority event/campaign fundraising programs nationwide, including Walk for Wishes®, Kids for Wish Kids® and Wishes in Flight®. The manager will support all three priority programs, but have primary responsibility for developing Walk for Wishes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the National Events & Brand Campaigns team to develop and manage core National Event & Brand Campaign programs: Walk for Wishes, Kids for Wish Kids and Wishes in Flight.
• Serve as resource for national and chapter staff inquiries to ensure a clear understanding of Walk for Wishes goals and objectives and the means by which these goals will be achieved.
• Develop and enhance Walk for Wishes tools and materials required to continually grow the program.
• Collaborate with National Events and Brand Campaigns team, appropriate department(s) and chapter staff to develop a coordinated and consistent online fundraising platform for Walk for Wishes.
• Collaborate with Brand Advancement colleagues to continually assess the impact of Walk for Wishes marketing and promotional strategies/materials. Jointly develop modifications as necessary.
• Provide chapters with training and guidance on Walk for Wishes critical components and elements for success, program best practices, staff & volunteer partnerships, etc.
• Monitor the progress of Walk for Wishes across Make-A-Wish and actively assist chapters in meeting walk participation and revenue goals.
• Plan and deliver presentations/trainings at chapter, regional and/or national meetings.
• Collaborate with Director of National Events and Brand Campaigns and appropriate department(s) to identify and cultivate national sponsorships and vendor relationships for Walk for Wishes.
• Update Chapter Support colleagues with status of Walk for Wishes programs in their assigned chapters.
• Contribute to the development and management of Kids for Wish Kids and Wishes in Flight.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A) in related field from four-year college or university
• 5+ years managing fundraising events/campaigns with proven track record of reaching goals.
• 3-5+ years of organized walk event experience, with skills to adapt program experience appropriately to Make-A-Wish.
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. • Team player with ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
• Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment. Extremely efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
• Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills. Capable of handling diversified assignments and highly adaptable.
• Excellent communication skills. (Includes presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively.)
• Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Self-starter, requiring little supervision.
• Understanding of various computer systems and databases. Experience with Convio/Blackbaud a major plus.
• High capacity to assess the value, importance, and/or quality of activities and people.
• Ability to travel 30%
This position will supervise National Events & Brand Campaigns interns.
For immediate consideration, apply online at https://jobs.wish.org/epostings/. Submit resume and cover letter online in Word format to: Human Resources, Make-A-Wish® America. EOE
Organization: Make-A-Wish America