Manager of National Event & Brand Campaigns (Online Event Fundraising)
Organization: Make-A-Wish America
Date Submitted: 7/23/2013
Make-A-Wish® America seeks a Manager of National Events & Brand Campaigns to advance the organization’s priority event/campaign fundraising programs nationwide, including Walk for Wishes®, Kids for Wish Kids® and Wishes in Flight®. The manager will support all three priority programs by developing coordinated and consistent online platforms to increase participation, engagement and fundraising.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the National Events & Brand Campaigns team to develop and manage priority event/campaign fundraising programs: Walk for Wishes, Kids for Wish Kids and Wishes in Flight.
• Lead the development of coordinated and consistent online fundraising platforms (‘microsites’) for Walk for Wishes and Kids for Wish Kids utilizing TeamRaiser.
• Project manage the design and construction of the event websites, in collaboration with Development and IT departments and key stakeholders. Includes responsibility for managing relationships with preferred consultants.
• Serve as a resource to Make-A-Wish national and chapter staff to ensure a clear understanding of microsites and associated fundraising tools.
• Develop organization-specific guidelines, materials and trainings that support chapters in utilizing TeamRaiser online fundraising tools for Walk for Wishes, Kids for Wish Kids and Wishes in Flight.
• Manage the implementation of TeamRaiser tools to reach Walk for Wishes and Kids for Wish Kids participation and fundraising goals.
• Provide ongoing training on TeamRaiser technical “back-end” components necessary for the success of Walk for Wishes and Kids for Wish Kids.
• Participate in industry-specific trainings to have a full understanding of current best practices regarding online fundraising and the TeamRaiser platform.
• Plan and deliver presentations/trainings at chapter, regional and/or national meetings.
• Assist chapters in the set-up of local Walk for Wishes and Kids for Wish Kids event sites. Provide materials and trainings to support the implementation of individual websites.
• Continually review individual chapter event sites to ensure they are working properly and adhere to Make-A-Wish program standards.
• Supervise National Events & Brand Campaigns interns.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (B.A) in related field from four-year college or university.
• 3-5 years experience managing and utilizing online fundraising tools (Experience with Convio platform preferred)
• Familiarity with walk program(s) and event fundraising required, including skills to adapt program experience appropriately to Make-A-Wish.
• Knowledge of the web, including available web site technology and trends, software options, web page structure and HTML preferred.
• Project management skills
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
• Team player with ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers.
• Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast paced environment.
• Extremely efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure.
• Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills. Capable of handling diversified assignments and highly adaptable.
• Excellent communication skills. (Includes presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively.)
• Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative. Self-starter, requiring little supervision.
• High capacity to assess the value, importance, and/or quality of activities and people.
• Ability to travel 20%
This position will supervise the National Events and Brand Campaign interns.
For immediate consideration, apply online at https://jobs.wish.org/epostings/. Submit resume and cover letter online in Word format to: Human Resources, Make-A-Wish® America. EOE
Organization: Make-A-Wish America