Bonnie Gordon has over 20 years of experience as an award-winning “marketer, healthcare advocate and creative inspirer”. As a 19-year, two-time breast cancer survivor, her passion is to provide free screenings and educational programming for the underserved and underinsured across America. In her 17 years at Walgreens, Bonnie has held several marketing leadership roles, including print and broadcast creative, media services and strategies as well as her current role as Director of Cause Marketing at Walgreens. She focuses on key strategic alliances and programming such as:
- Development and implementation of the 4-year $100 Million Walgreens Way to Well Commitment platform focused on prevention and early detection of today’s leading chronic diseases
The Walk with Walgreens healthy living rewards program, winner of Halo, Effie and Reggie Awards with over $1 Million members and over 9 Billion steps logged. The program has been featured on The Celebrity Apprentice and The Biggest Loser
- The Walgreens Way to Well Health Tour – a multi-vehicle mobile marketing tour providing $60 Million worth of FREE health screenings throughout the US and Puerto Rico resulting in a close to 70% out of range outcome for hypertension and total cholesterol, 25% out of range results for diabetes
- FREE Diabetes screenings in conjunction with Dr. Oz and Oprah resulting in 140,000 blood glucose screenings in Walgreens stores nationwide
- Spokesperson and participant in American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life events and Komen 3-Day Race for the Cure
- Strategic Walgreens alliances with the American Diabetes Association (ADA), Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), American Heart Association (AHA), American Cancer Society (ACS) and Susan G. Komen for the Cure, all of which have raised over $50 Million in customer donations
She served as the Public Relations Chair for the Chicago Chapter of the Network of Executive Women and is currently an Officer of the Board of Directors of Susan G. Komen Chicagoland Affiliate.